Friday, October 4, 2013

October 3, 2013 - The Waiting Game

October 3, 2013

5:29 PM
Playing the waiting game again. I'm really not good at this game. Bella had an MRI this afternoon and it went well. They did a brain scan with and w/o contrast dye. Bella handled it like the champ she is. Doc should have results now. Just waiting for call. I left a message on his cell with a gentle reminder of how eagerly I'm waiting. 

Bella slept 11 hours last night! She would not have gotten that much sleep in the hospital so it's a good thing we were sent home. She was feeling okay this morning. Motor skills are still strong - I'm watching that like a hawk. Every balance waver (even though that's normal for her progress) causes me to overreact a bit. When she took off the patch to take a bath, her eyes looked a little clearer. She was actually looking at me rather than to the right of me. She said the two Mommies were right next to each other so it was easier to focus. The longer she had the patch off, though, the farther apart the objects got. She is really, really tired (as am I so maybe that's less GBS related and more stress-related).

As soon as I know more, I'll share. Thank you for the prayers! Please keep them coming!


11:30 PM
I've hesitated to share the results because we really don't know much. The MRI was not clear unfortunately. Her 3rd cranial nerve is inflamed. So we now know what is causing Bella's double vision. What we don't know is what will we do about it. Her Austin neurologist would like to consult with Dr Castro in dallas because Dr Castro has a lot more experience with GBS. Also Bella is still very strong physically so that causes some confusion too about what this weakened nerve really means. Hopefully The two doctors will be able to consult tomorrow (Dr Castro is out of town at a conference) and we'll have a better idea of what to do next. 
Thank you for the continued prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment