Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June 3, 2013 - Day 58

June 3, 2013 - Day 58

Today was not a good day. Brian and I both had to work today and his mom was on tap to watch the kids (mostly Bella). Bella does not do well in the mornings but her therapies started at 10 this morning and she had to get up and moving quickly. Brian's mom took Bella to rehab. She did well for her OT but then wimped out for PT. 
The afternoon didn't go as planned. Motivation and encouragement were not as prevalent as they needed to be. Bella did not get her work in this afternoon as she needed so when Brian stopped by the house at around 4, he helped her to the floor to allow Faith to work with her on some stretching/Yoga poses. However, Bella decided not to work with Faith. She also wouldn't allow me to help her get up so she stayed on the living room floor for over 4 hours until Brian got home again. I hesitated to share this part because it's not pretty but Bella being on the floor for 4 overs wasn't the worst part (and I'm documenting this for future reference). Once Brian did get home, he and I worked together on being tough with Bella. I had tried for hours to convince Bella to allow me to help her up so rather than Brian lifting her up as he's done in the last several days, he spent the next hour or so encouraging her to work her way up herself. It was one of the more heart-wrenching things we've been through (though still nowhere near as bad as that EMG). Bella worked her way over to the couch and had to put both hands on the couch. Then Brian helped her into a kneeling position and I helped her into an upright kneeling position and tried to push her to pull her core in and be strong. It was not easy. Once we got Bella calmed down from that, Brian had Bella take about 15 (very assisted) steps and then eventually helped her into bed. It was a very trying evening.
I feel bad for the friend who texted me today and got a very long and desperate response because I was at my wits' end. I really just wish Bella wanted to get better as much as Brian and I want it. I simply do not comprehend the unwillingness to try. I get the fear but not the refusal to overcome it...not when overcoming her fear is going to eventually result in a return to normalcy.
God help us! We really need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment