Tuesday, July 2, 2013

May 17, 2013 - First Day at Home

May 17, 2013 - Day 41

Being at home after so many weeks in the hospital is not easy for Bella. She didn't feel well most of the day. She rebounded a little this afternoon and had a couple of hours of perkiness, but tonight was not good. She cried uncontrollably for over an hour. She is so scared! She's scared that she will get sick again. She's scared that she'll need us in the middle of the night and we won't hear her (she's sleeping with Faith but Faith got pretty angry when she was woken up in the middle of the night last night). She's scared that she'll get hurt in the night and no one will help her. I feel so helpless. I've tried lying with her but I can't calm the tears. I've tried rocking her but she wasn't comfortable. I didn't know what else to do so I left her alone and Brian and I checked on her every 5 minutes. We think she finally fell asleep. I can only imagine how strong her fears are. I fear the same things and I'm not the one who suffered through the treatments and lost my ability to walk. Oh how my heart aches for her!

We did not have any therapy today. Bella goes back Monday morning for Outpatient evaluations. She'll have to get used to new therapists again. That means for the first day, they won't get as much out of her because she will be reserved. I believe she'll have an hour of PT 4 times a week and an hour of OT 2 times a week. They'll confirm that after the evaluations Monday.

Tomorrow we will all travel back to Mabank for the night. I'm looking forward to going home. We left in such a hurry and I fully expected to be back last weekend when I got sick. I don't have the right clothes for the nearly 100 degree temps Austin is having. I hope Bella is able to make the trip without fear or pain.
Please pray for her fears to subside and for this disease to be gone for good!
 
Bella was on the Fox 7 News

No comments:

Post a Comment