Tuesday, July 2, 2013

May 18, 2013 - I am Titanium

May 18, 2013 - Day 42

"You shoot me down but I get up. I'm bullet-proof, nothin to lose. Fire away. Fire away. Ricochet. Take your aim. Fire away. Fire away. Shoot me down but I won't fall. I am titanium." Good song and appropriate lyrics.
I don't know why I-35 can't be nice to us when we are traveling with a sick Bella. There was some kind of a major accident in Troy so our trip from Leander to Mabank took 4 1/2 hours. Ugh! Gonna have to figure out how to leave Bella back in Austin every other time we make this trek!
Bella handled the drive okay but she is nauseous most of the time so a long car ride wasn't the best thing for her. She shed plenty of tears today too. Tears for her old life. Tears because she couldn't run upstairs along with Brody, Faith, and Faith's friend Reece. tears for her old school and friends. Today she mentioned going back to school - her old school again. Dealing with this devastating illness and being a coach's daughter and having to make a move at the same time! Poor baby!
I will definitely be asking her doctors about group therapy and/or some type of counseling. We bought a baby monitor and demonstrated to Bella how easy it is to hear her. She went to sleep easily so hopefully she'll sleep well knowing that we can hear her if she needs us.

No comments:

Post a Comment