Monday, July 1, 2013

May 13, 2013 - Day 37

May 13, 2013 - Day 37

Super late with my post tonight. Today was my first attempt at working after a week and a day off. I'm not very good at it right now but I'll keep trying and will get back in to it eventually. Brody's birthday is tomorrow so I spent a frantic evening baking cupcakes for school & a cake for our family party at the hospital. My mom had convinced me to just buy the cake & cupcakes this year and I had agreed. I don't remember now why that changed. Mom stayed at the hospital with Bella tonight because Brody was very concerned about both Brian and me seeing him the morning of his birthday. Unfortunately my night away from the hospital is not restful...but oh well.

Anyway, Bella's therapists at Dell are AMAZING! However, they don't really like a lot of involvement from Mom. I wish they would let me participate but it seems to be more beneficial for Bella that I'm not. I did get to see how much of an improvement Bella has made since I got sick Thursday. As Brian mentioned the other day, she can get up from her hospital bed, stand up and transfer to the wheelchair without any assistance. She can do all of her own bathing and grooming (with supervision to prevent falls). OT wants her to start standing to brush her teeth during their morning session tomorrow. It's incredible how much progress she has made since she moved to Dell!
Tonight Bella demonstrated for us just how far she's come. She walked with her walker - supporting 100% of her own weight from her bed to the nurses station in the hall and back. Awesome!


Bella's big-as-yo-face pizza from lunch today. We ate outside.

Faith & Brody leaving the hospital tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment