Monday, July 1, 2013

May 12, 2013 - Happy Mother's Day

May 12, 2013 - Day 36


Got a little jail break Mother's Day surprise and an early dinner at outback today! Doctor & nurses were in on the jail break but were getting nervous when we showed back up just before the 7 pm shift change.


 10:48 PM:
Happy Mother's Day to ALL moms out there!
Mine started out kinda sad but is ending on a high note. I woke up too early and only had one of my babies in the same house as me (Faith). Brody was in Mabank with my parents and Bella was at the hospital with Brian. When Brody got home at 2:30, he wanted me to get back in bed so he could give me lunch in bed. He was so concerned about serving me a meal in bed that we made a deal that he could make me breakfast in bed next Saturday (after letting me sleep in). Bella spent yesterday afternoon and all morning today making pictures and videos for me. And Faith, well, Faith is Faith - she posted a sweet message on Instagram (after seeing Bella's post on Instagram). I think she forgot it was mother's day without her Daddy and siblings around to remind her. (Guess I know which child will not be taking care of me in my old age :))
Anyway...the early surprise Outback dinner came about 3:30. Brian had arranged the whole thing - with the nurses and doctor, with Outback and with my dad. His mom and aunt, my parents and our whole family got to eat out together. My appetite isn't completely back yet but the meal was still wonderful (and I have half a steak to eat tomorrow). Bella got sad during the meal because she kept dreaming of going home after dinner. So we decided to extend the outing just a bit and take her back to my parents' house to see Zuzu. We weren't able to stay very long but it was nice, just for a few hours, to be together again in the outside world.
Bella did very well being up and out in the world for so many hours. Her foot is still hurting quite badly and that concerns me more than the doctor I think.
The outside visit was not officially allowed but the security at the entrance to this hospital is much lighter than Dallas. The nurses just wanted Bella back before the shift change at 7 PM so I got a call at 6:50 asking if I knew when Bella might be back in her room so the doctor could examine her. Fortunately we were unloading the car in the hospital parking lot and rushed in just in time.
Best news of the day is that the doctor is hoping for a discharge date this Friday! We have Taylor Swift tickets on 5/21 and are determined to be home free (with daily outpatient therapy) by then!
 


Bella reuniting with Zuzu. Faith caught zu snuggling in some of Bella's laundry on Saturday. 






No comments:

Post a Comment